Monday 6 July 2015

Jega resumes as lecturer




Former Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) chairman, whose tenure ended on the June 30th, has resumed as lecturer with the political science department at Bayero University Kano (BUK). Prof. Jega was appointed by former President, Goodluck Jonathan in June 2010. 

On his arrival at BUK, Jega went to the office of the Vice-Chancellor, Abubakar Rasheed, before proceeding to his former office. Jega who revealed that he will be going back to his profession after his tenure and said he would not accept if his tenure is renewed.

Jega was quoted saying...

''I am grateful to God, '' he said at the time. '' I was asked to come and contribute my quota to the national development and i have done my bit to the best of my ability.''

Whatever assignment one will do for five years - just like this difficult one, to me if one is able to successfully accomplish the task, someone else should be given the opportunity, because for me i am not interested and if i am requested to serve again, i will not do it by God's grace.'' 

He is the only INEC Chairman who organised two national elections.





premiumtimes

No comments:

Post a Comment