Wednesday 15 August 2012

Fabrice Muamba retires from football



Following the cardiac arrest he suffered on the pitch that resulted in his heart not beating for 78 minutes, many were hoping the young footballer will make a full recovery and make it back to an active life in football but unfortunately, that will not be the case.

Muamba said the following on Bolton's official website:

'Since suffering my heart attack and being discharged from hospital, I have remained utterly positive in the belief I could one day resume my playing career and play for Bolton Wanderers once again.
'As part of my on-going recovery, last week I travelled to Belgium to seek further medical advice from a leading cardiologist.
'But the news I received was obviously not what I had hoped it would be and it means I am now announcing my retirement from professional football.
'Football has been my life since I was a teenage boy and it has given me so many opportunities.
'Above all else, I love the game and count myself very lucky to have been able to play at the highest level'.

We wish him all the best on the next chapter of his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment