Saturday 21 July 2012

Woman arrested with 1kg of drugs concealed in underwear



A 42 year old single mother based in Port-Harcourt has been arrested by the NDLEA for the possession  of 1kg of a substance that tested positive for methamphetamine.

The suspect, who attempted to board an Egypt Airline flight to Malaysia hid the parcel in her underwear. When asked why she got involved in smuggling, she said:

“I agreed to smuggle the drugs because they promised to pay me $3,000. I blame myself because I wanted quick money. To me the money was an additional profit to my trading business. I was given the drug to swallow, but I could not ingest it for fear that it may burst so I hid it in my underwear.
“It was a momentary temptation that overwhelmed me. I was devastated when the drug was discovered by the NDLEA officers during screening.  I was reasonably ignorant of the gravity of the offence. I was assured an easy passage. Thedid not say that I could be arrested.”


She will get her day in court alright. These smugglers will  never learn! I bet she didnt consider her child who has only her when she made the decision to go this way....

No comments:

Post a Comment