A Nigerian lady simply identified as Imaobong Ekanem on Facebook has been reportedly electrocuted by her phone while deep asleep.
According to a Facebook user identified as Peter Prekings Chima, who
shared the story, the lady left the phone on her bare body while
sleeping. It seemed like there was a power surge when the light was
restored and she got electrocuted.
Friends of the man that initially shared the story Jeffery Sidney, took to the comment section to
pay condolences to the supposedly late lady and some warned against the
use of mobile phones on the bed.
One of the friends wrote:
May her soul rest in peace.
Can Nigerians ever learn?, so many write ups on charging phones
~ keep it away from us when charging.
~ don’t use while charging (calling or receiving)
~~ don’t charge power banks near our beds.
~~ Always unplug when ever you want to use it
One happened on the day of election on Saturday. She had the power
bank charging her phone and the time playing music with ear phone on. As
the rain started, she ran to take shelter and the next sound was
explosion, the power bank exploded and had one side of her body burnt
but she is stable. The power bank came in touch with rain while charging
Most of these Chinese products are deadly