Monday 4 January 2016

Davido and Sophie's crisis-LATEST



A new front has been opened in the crisis rocking Davido and his baby mama which has culminated in the in­volvement of Ovation Magazine publisher, Dele Momodu. According to Saturday Sun checks, Sophie has petitioned NAPTIP, alleging that the singer and his half sister, Coco, attempted to kidnap her daughter and smuggle her to the United States through the Murtala Mohammed In­ternational Airport, Lagos.
Read more after the cut....


The petitioned, addressed to the Director General of NAPTIP, through Gbolade Ajayi of SO Ajayi & Co read thus: “Our client was tricked into visit­ing the house of Mr. David Adeleke’s half sister, Miss Ashley Coco Adeleke with her baby, Imade Aurora Adeleke. After getting to the house, our client’s baby was forcefully taken from her and she was thrown out of the premises with the treat that she would be decisively dealt with if she ever bothered to return there. There were armed policemen and our client’s survival instincts made her leave her sucking baby behind with so much pain in her hear.”
The petition revealed that by day break the next day, Sophie was again at the Adeleke’s home to take her baby but she was prevented by armed police­men from gaining access and again threatened never to return for her child or face dire consequences.
The petition further alleged that when Ms Modupe Mofikoya, the im­migration officer, who attended to the Adeleke travelling party, accosted Ash­ley and asked for the mother, Sophie had claimed that she was the mother of the baby after which the immigration officer on duty collected her Nigerian passport and she quickly absconded from the scene with the baby. Her fa­ther, Mr. Deji Adeleke, showed up shortly afterwards to clear his daugh­ter’s mess.
Frustrated
An obviously frustrated Davido had taken to social media to vent his feeling and accused Dele Momodu of being the cause of his problems.
In his post, he had stated: “I became the father of a love-child. DNA testing determined with maximum proof that I indeed was the father of my daugh­ter, delivered by a head-butting casual lover, Miss Sophia Momodu. I met Sophia when I was barely 21 years old. She was many years older than me and was able to manipulate and exploit my youth, naivety and generosity. Sophia is the mother of my daughter, and no more! She never would be my wife and she was never qualified for that status. Her background is very dissimilar from mine, and she has very paltry education and equally diminished physical attrib­utes. Cunningly, she moved into my house because she claimed she has no place to stay in Lagos and that her father is deceased and her mother is resident in Abuja. I have accepted what providence brought my way including my own per­sonal indiscretions. But I also have been burdened by the lapses in the character of Sophia and have thus suffered for my daughter who I love as much as my late mother, Imade. As for the person of Sophia, I paid a two-year rent for her apartment at Lekki and she receives a monthly allowance of N300, 000 from me ever since Imade was born. In De­cember, Sophia received N500, 000 as allowance and Christmas bonus.
“On a routine hospital check, my daughter was found to have consumed a massive dosage of poisonous canna­bis that she contracted from the breast­feeding regime of her mother’s breasts. We still don’t know how much Imade was damaged by this toxic feeding and medical tests and procedures continue to rise and bemuse me and my family members. Already, Imade has special needs and has been treated at the Amer­ican Hospital, Dubai, with all medical costs and travel expenses drawn off my personal purse ever since she was born. On December 29, Imade was supposed to travel once more to Dubai for further medical care. A family vacation was at­tached to this medical trip. But our fam­ily plan was truncated by Sophia, her uncle, Dele Momodu, in the company of his wife, and all these persons were the significant accessory to the Lagos Airport debacle. It is this incident of December 29 that made implicitly nec­essary to bring my family matter to the public domain.”
Dele Momodu’s angle
Meanwhile, in a swift reaction en­titled ‘Why I got involved in Davido and Sophie’s ‘babymama’ drama’, Dele Momodu explained his role.
His statement read thus in parts: “In September 2015, I got a call from Dr Adedeji Adeleke, a long time family friend, telling me his son had fathered a baby girl with my cousin, Sophia Mo­modu. I rejoiced with him as any rea­sonable soul would do. He apologised that he had not called all along because he wasn’t sure if Sophie’s baby was going to turn out a fake one like that of two others who had turned up at his doorstep. But mercifully, according to Dr Adeleke, Sophie’s baby passed the DNA test by over 98 per cent and he was elated. I congratulated him again as a proud grandfather.
“Sophie had narrated to me how on 11th July, 2015, she was tricked to Davido’s sister, Coco Adeleke’s house with her baby, Imade Aurora Adeleke. After getting to the house on Baderinwa Alabi Street, Lekki Phase I, Lagos, her baby was forcefully taken from her and she was thrown out of the premises with the threat that she would be decisively dealt with if she ever bothered to return there.
By daybreak on the next day, Sophie was again at Coco Adeleke’s house to take her baby, but she was prevented by armed policemen from gaining access into the house. She was again threat­ened and warned never to return for the child.
“Despite the pain and trauma my cousin was made to undergo, I re­strained myself from getting directly involved in the matter and appealed to her to stay calm and take it easy with the Adelekes. But after the phone call from Dr Adeleke, precisely on September 10, 2015, I picked up Sophie and her mum and drove to Dr Adeleke’s home in Le­kki, Lagos.
Sophie and her daughter, Imade. Dr Adeleke explained why it took some time to call me and I said I understood. Dr Adeleke said the baby was discov­ered to have traces of marijuana in her during a medical test and said he be­lieved Sophie and David were smok­ers and he needed to protect the child from two irresponsible parents, as he described them.
“He told the gathering that the baby would be under temporary custody and observation. He directed that Sophie would come to his house every Sunday to see her baby. Our family agreed. He promised to pay Sophie a monthly up­keep. Sophie said she got the monthly upkeep but never got the car and that she prefers to have her baby back and the Adelekes can keep their money. I called Dr Adeleke and he said I should allay her fears. I pleaded again for pa­tience. I was shocked when Sophie called me desperately and said her daughter was being taken to Dubai by Coco. I immediately called Coco and she said she was taking the baby for intensive medicals and I wondered how she would pass through the airport with­out the consent of Sophie but she actu­ally did and even sent me pictures from Dubai. I played it cool and encouraged Sophie to calm down.”
Upon their return, Momodu said all efforts by his wife to prevail on the Adeleke’s failed as they went into the same old story of marijuana abuse and Sophie said she was ready for a test which Dr Adeleke wasn’t interested in.
“I flew to Nigeria on December 28, 2015 after Sophie told me the Adelekes were travelling to Dubai with her baby without her consent again.
“I then called Uncle Wale Adeeyo again and told him Sophie has plans to stop the trip on the knowledge that Da­vid has collected an American passport for the baby and the rumour that the baby was being abducted to America. I pleaded that we should avoid a confron­tation. I headed for the airport to alert the authorities including Immigration and Emirates. As predicted, the Adelekes arrived the airport with the baby where Immigration had laid in wait for them. Coco came forward and was asked who the mother of the baby was and she claimed ownership and her passport and that of the baby were taken away by Immigration. Her dad was alerted and he came to the office of the comptroller with others to try and rescue the pass­ports but the Immigration stood their grounds. I saw him making frantic calls but he gave up after the flight departed.
“He repeated the same boast that no one could ever take the baby from him and I told him to stop talking like God. No one likes a fight but we have been treated shabbily and had to stop the charade. We could not be intimidated and everyone at the airport expressed shock and horror at such a brazen at­tempt to export a human being only seven months old without the mother. We thanked the officers who rescued us from a powerful family. We are al­ways for peace, justice and equity. No one threatened the Adelekes with any expose unless they were using reverse psychology. Personally, I’m not a junk writer and would never descend so low to abuse those permanently connected to us through an innocent baby. We love the baby like they do and such an inno­cent child deserves to be protected by both families.”
Meanwhile, Davido has apologised to Dele Momodu. In a post on social media, the singer said: “Mr. Dele Mo­modu I apologise but …U didn’t have to.” However, he declared that all the allegations against him were false: “All these lies being put on me … no be to­day … I have so much to say but in re­spect for my daughter I will keep quiet … I apologise.”
Davido added that with time, the truth will emerge. Hear him: “The truth will come out! Even if I don’t keep her, she will grow up to know I fought for her.”



source:sunnewsonline

No comments:

Post a Comment