Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Nassarawa Governor, Al Makura denies convoy assault

                                                                 Al Makura (dailypost)

Nasarawa State Governor, Tanko Al-Makura has denied reports that police officers attached to his convoy brutalized three citizens over the weekend.
Read more after the cut....

According to media reports, the officers attacked one Lois Iorvihi and her siblings, Joi and Jerry on their way from Makurdi to Abuja.
Lois was said to have attracted the policemen’s wrath when she didn’t get out of the governor’s convoy in time.
The officers’ were said to have subsequently damaged her car, beat up her brother and destroyed her sister’s electronic devices.
Lois reportedly approached the governor for help during the ordeal but he allegedly told her to “go to hell” after telling her she was “dressed like a prostitute.”
However, Al Makura’s Chief Press Secretary, Tukur Ahmed denied the reports saying that there is no iota of truth to them.
“For the avoidance of doubt and to set the records straight, on Thursday 10, September 2015 about 3.pm when the convoy of His Excellency was approaching Nasarawa-Eggon Local Government a vehicle was right on the middle of the road and in spite of several efforts by the police outrider and the pilot to slow the car down, the vehicle remained right in the centre of the road refusing to make way for the convoy which nearly caused an accident,” Tukur said.
He said further:
“As she came out, she began to rain abuses on the Police boasting that she is a lawyer and a daughter of a police Commissioner and has the right to drive the way she wants.”
“Noticing her unruly behaviour, the Governor directed the Escort commander to invite the Police from the nearest police station to handle the matter to avoid further congestion and obstruction of traffic on the Highway while the convoy continued on its journey to Abuja.”
According to the media reports, the siblings were arrested and taken back to the Divisional Police Headquarters in Nassarrawa-Eggon after their ordeal for “being rude to the governor” and “obstructing his convoy.”
They were supposedly later released after refusing to write a letter of apology to the governor.


No comments:

Post a Comment