Monday 14 September 2015

Late UNILAG student's father narrates how he heard about Oluchi's death

The father of the late 300 level Accountancy student of the University of Lagos, Oluchi Anekwe, Chief Basil Anekwe,while speaking to journalists during a wake-keeping service,  narrated how he heard the news of his daughter's death.
Read more after the cut...


Punch Newspapers reports that Chief Anekwe said his driver told him his daughter, Oluchi was sick and that his attention was needed at the hospital.
He said ‘’I asked him what kind of sickness  it was that needed my presence? I even asked if I should send money for treatment instead, but he insisted on driving me to   the hospital in Lagos; he never spoke a word as he drove me to Lagos. ‘’He took me to my house and I asked him if that was where Oluchi was. On seeing members of my family, including my brother-in-law in the house, I asked them where Oluchi was and they broke the bombshell that she had been electrocuted.”
Adding that ‘’I asked why everyone was in the house and not caring for her in the hospital.  Immediately I called my Barrister and he agreed to accompany to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, to see my daughter but   instead of   going to the emergency unit, he and the doctor led me to the morgue . When I asked why, nobody said a word to me.   Rather, they showed me my daughter’s dead body ."
“ At that moment, I wanted God’s miracle to happen. Her left hand was stiff on her chest.  I commanded her to wake up but she refused to wake up.  I even opened her eyes but they closed back again.  She never breathed again.  My tallest is gone without giving me a signal that she was going to die," Chief Anekwe said.
Punch Newspapers also reports that remains has been moved to Enugu state.


source:pulse.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment