Wednesday 26 August 2015

Nigerian dies in Malaysia after selling kidney for N6 million


A 28 year old Nigerian, Chukwudi who sold his kidney for N6 million has died during the surgery in Malaysia. He agreed to sell his kidnery to a patient who needed a kidney transplant. 

Read more after the cut...



Sources say he isn't the only one doing this risky business. Its a fast way to make money, but its a risky business, like the case of Chukwudi. According to pulse.ng, a business man (name withheld by pulse.ng) was quoted saying:


"I know many Nigerians will say it is none of my business how others make their money but I want to bring this to the notice of our country people how many of our young men die here in Malaysia in very disturbing circumstances.

I can tell of this young Igbo boy named Chukwudi, from Owerri, (Imo State) who was paid the sum of N6 million by one rich man to donate his kidney for a transplant.

The young man was brought in from Nigeria and I had the privilege of interacting with him and tried to dissuade from undertaking such a risky venture but he was adamant, telling me he had made up his mind already and nothing could stop him.

I even offered he join me in my little car washing business from which I have been able to build a house back home but Chukwudi did not want to struggle to make money.

He wanted fast money and he ended up a dead man because the operation was not successful. he died in the process while the rich man had a successful kidney transplant.

I felt so bad because I kind of liked the boy who was graduate and had a lot of life ahead of him.
I want to use this opportunity to warn our young people not to always be in a hurry to make fast money."







No comments:

Post a Comment