Wednesday 24 July 2013

Wife of Al-Mustapha speaks out...."I suffered for 15 years"




Culled from the Sun

Major Hamza Al-Mustapha’s wife, Hafsat yesterday said she was in prison at home for 15 years the same way her husband remained incarcerated in prison over alleged murder of Chief MKO Abiola’s wife, Kudirat.

Hafsat, however said since she love her husband she did not allow anything to tamper with the love, saying that because of the love, it was as if the15 years did not take place, just as the husband said his freedom was a plus to democracy.

She spoke to journalists yesterday in Kaduna in a waiting car that brought her husband to the crocodile city on a thank you visit en-route Abuja in company with Abacha’s son, Mohammed.

While in Kaduna, he paid a courtesy call on Sheik Ahmad Abubakar Gumi in his residence along Sambo Crescent in the metropolis. Al-Mustapha had earlier stopped over in Zaria on a courtesy call on the Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris.

His wife said: “I feel so happy, I feel over-joy for my husband’s release. For 15 years I have been in prison at home, but I am grateful to God Almighty. I have always been praying as a wife to see that he is released in any way possible.

“Fifteen years was not easy, definitely if you love your husband, and you love him sincerely and you stood by your sincerity, and you believe in God Almighty, definitely 15 years was nothing.

“God does everything, and I know that my husband was innocent, but when I heard of the first judgment sentencing him to death, I was not happy, I was sad, it was the saddest day in my life, but I thank God that my husband has been declared innocent and released.

“Of course, my husband is a military man; he is still in the Army, he is going back to the Army. But since I am not a military person, I don’t know whether he will be promoted or not.”

Al-Mustapha told journalists in Kaduna that his release was a big plus to Nigerian nascent democracy and judiciary in particular. “I was sentenced to death but Allah turn it around because I spoke the truth and stood by it, which caused my incarceration,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment