Thursday 12 July 2012

Queen Latifah: 'I'm working on adopting a child'

Queen Latifah
Rapper-turned-actress Queen Latifah plans to adopt a child , revealing she's "working on" becoming a mother.
The Chicago star, real name Dana Owens, has previously spoken of her desire to enter parenthood, claiming she first became interested in adoption as a teenager.
Latifah has been giving the matter some serious thought of late and, during an interview on US talk show The View on Wednesday, the star hinted that she had already started the lengthy process.
When asked by co-host Barbara Walters if she was serious about adoption, she replied, "I'm actually kind of working on that."

Latifah admitted she had been inspired to act after watching a moving TV movie, adding, "I think I saw one of those specials... you know those movies of the week. And it was like... I just always wanted to bring a child home."
She then joked, "So if you got a kid that you don't (want)... Just give me a year - let me set up camp and send me the kid!"
The 42 year old, who has always refused to comment on speculation about her sexuality, was recently forced to dismiss claims she had 'come out' as a lesbian after performing at a gay pride event in California in May.
She said, "That definitely wasn't the case. I've never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It's just not gonna happen."



-omg!

No comments:

Post a Comment